Friday, January 25, 2013

The Captivity Chronicles

Hello from Hospital Jail!!!

Hospital Jail is really not that awful but I am starting to go a tiny bit stir crazy.   There are only some many episodes of A Baby Story, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant (Yes I yell at the tv for the whole hour this stupid show is on,) What Not To Wear, Chopped, Friends and Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives before a girl goes crazy.  I will tell you the highlights of my day are taking a shower and watching Jeopardy. I know how glamorous this life may sound, but please don't let me mislead you.  Oh yeah I eat dinner at 5:00 (Dear Hospital Cafeteria, I am 29 not 80.)

I want to say thank you to all my visitors so far.  Sorry if you caught me in the time before I dried my hair (it is a curly mess) or before I had a shower (as Chris says , "Babe have squirrels been romping through your head.) Let me explain my look for anyone that has not seen me in the morning.  My hair would make Texas women jealous.   It somehow grows in the middle of the night and stays that way.  My mom and dad stopped in Saturday to visit and brought me a basket of goodies and then my MIL brought me a basket full of stuff yesterday.   Needless to say I cancelled my snacks from the hospital.

Let's discuss hospital jail.  The staff is amazing. I cannot say enough good things about my nurses.   I have only had one that annoyed me but I think it was me being pregnant pissy not in my best mood.  She was very helpful but I wanted things a different way.  Imagine me wanting things a certain way.  Who would have guessed that. The nurses leave me alone except to chat, check vitals or bring me food.   I see them a few times a day otherwise it is like hanging out at home (I wish the fur child was here to hang out with me.)  I watch tv, read or play on the ipad the majority of my day since I try to stay in side lying to keep my BP down.   I have had great Blood Pressure the last few days mainly because the nurses will not take it if I am sitting up (it tends to become 176 / 99) so they wait until I have laid down for 15 minutes at the least (115/66). Big difference!!!! My protein levels still look great and we are avoiding pre-eclampsia for now.  My cervix is back to a 3.1 so awesome.   I feel at this time I need to clarify what I mean when I give numbers on my cervix.   That is the length of the cervix.   When labor is approaching your cervix shortens and then dilates.  So the rule for quads is anything under a 2.5 is immediate hospitalization to put you on bed rest and try and buy you some more time. My cervix went from a 2.2 last week to a 3.1 this week.  That is amazing news.   It means we are further away from having the kids.

Update on my 6 kids:

Let's start with my oldest! Chris is a trooper! He is doing great but I think he goes crazy in hospital jail (ADHD is in full swing,) but hates to be home by himself.  The nurses laugh because we play cards every night to entertain me (I think they want to join in.)  Chris has charmed the nurses out of the code to get coffee and ice.  He has even requested a mint for his pillow on occasion. Chris stays 2 nights here and 1 night at home.

Now for my 4 real children, Jaxon, Grey, Adley and Dexter are all doing well!  The nurses monitor them on ultrasound twice a day to make sure everyone moves and their heartbeats are within normal ranges. It goes one of two ways really long and uncomfortable (imagine two nurses trying to look at your spine through your stomach with an ultrasound wand) or super fast (this has happened three times in the last 11 days)! I have come to realize some of my children's personality traits, now they may surprise me at birth, but I have opinions about them already. Jaxon is Christopher made over.   One of the nurses was giggling the other day when trying to ultrasound Jax, apparently he was doing the worm in my stomach.  Jaxon also has some sick Ninja moves that makes his father proud. Grey is my child.   I feel like she is very calm, but only does things when she wants to and not because you have asked.   She frequently turns her back to the ultrasound techs or nurses when they are looking for her heartbeat.  Then there is Adley (what do people say about the third child?)  Adley Grace takes after her Gram and is always on the move and I feel controls leads the others.   In the past week she has gone from across the top of my stomach, to my ribs, to my diaphragm and ribs, to in between Jax and Grey and now today she is sitting on top of Grey in the center of my stomach.  Then there is Dex who is a wiggle worm.  There has always been some questions to whether Dex is really a boy due to his size.   Well let's just say my son decided to display all his glory for a good 5 minutes to a set of nurses.  Hopefully we will weigh the kids next Thursday!


Last but not least our Fur Child Aribella (Ari, Bella, Bella Grace, Gracie, Gracie Facie, Bells, Facie Pants (It's amazing she even knows her name))  is now living at Gram's and Grump's house.  It was sad for me to see her go, but  I know she is well taken care of and happy! Grumps can sound gruff but he loves how excited Ari is to see him.  That small white fluffy dog has charmed him, I have a feeling he will be pathetic with grandchildren.   My girly dog has a secret desire to be a country dog and play outside non-stop.   She is getting her wish!

I think that wraps it up for this blogging session.  It has only taken me three days to write and I am apologizing now for grammar and spelling mistakes as Jeopardy starts in a few minutes.

Prayer requests:
1. Please pray for the Wiley family.   This family has my heart and my prayers and now they need yours.   Please pray for God's will to be done.   Dustin goes in for a scan next week to determine the prognosis and what options if any are still available.  I pray to provide him, his wife, his inlaws and his children for strength and peace no matter the outcome of the scan.  Please take time to pray for them.

2. Please pray for my blood pressure to stay within normal ranges and my urine tests show no protein.  I would like to make it six more weeks. I am 28 weeks today and that is a huge milestone!

Please feel free to share the blog with anyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment