Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Bed Rest Diaries!!!!

Okay so I am finally awake enough to blog!  They give you some good drugs in the hospital if you want them!  Ha Ha

Let's start from the beginning so hopefully all this will make sense:

Jan 2nd: First official day of bed rest! Wahoo!  I was allowed to stay home but due to my blood pressure being high I was told I could no longer work.  Oh well at least I made it to 24 weeks and 5 days before being commissioned to a couch.  Cervix was still holding at a 4.2.  Yay for it being a rock star.

Jan 3rd: New cough meds!  Cough has been going on for 7 weeks at this point.  Wahoo!  However Dr. Labarre's awesome staff gave me a box full of diapers, wipes and assorted other things! 

Jan 4th  -  6th: I am now 25 weeks!!!! Captivity at home!   However Konni and Gabe as well as Aunt Kathy, Kim and Lauren all came to visit!

Jan 7th:  Measurement day at the Perinatologist. Jax was measuring at 24 weeks 4 days weighing 1 pound 9 oz, Grey 25 weeks 2 days and weighing 1 pound 12 oz, Adley 25 weeks 5 days and weighing 1 pound 14 oz.   Unfortunately we do not get measurements on Dex.  However the last time we did he weighed 1 oz less than Jaxon.  So if that is still the case at 25 weeks and 3 days I was carrying close to 7 pounds of baby! BP was down a little so I was allowed to stay home for at least another week. Cervix was measuring between a 4.2 - 3.3.

Jan 8th: Happy Birthday Mama! Wish I could have celebrated it with you!  Can't wait till I am there and we can have PJ breakfast with the kids on your birthday!!!!

Jan 9th: Happy 23rd Birthday JT!  Love you more than you will ever know! Remember all the stuff I did for you as a kid and a teenager, just think you and Cammie get to do it for my kiddos.  Ha Ha they are going to love Uncle Jared!

Jan 10th: Dr. Labarre is wondering what kind of charm I have to still be out of the hospital! I am measuring 42 weeks for a singleton pregnancy.  I have had zero contractions.  I baffle all of my doctors.  I keep telling them I am stubborn and I have prayed to make it to 34 weeks. 

Jan 11th - 13th: 26 weeks!!!!! Home bound with Christopher and Ari.  Ari has decided to lay beside me in the recliner and put her head where Adley likes to lay. The thing about Adley is that it is her way or no way and if you push on her she kicks you (the ultrasound techs despise love her).  Well Ari lays down Adley kicks and then Ari growls.  Welcome to my world!!!!

Jan 14th:  The Bad News Bears Perinatologists laid down the law and I have to be admitted. BP was still high and rock star cervix failed me.  My rock star cervix is now equated to a one hit wonder, still impressive but not returning with a string of hits.  It was down to a 2.3.  So I was told to go pack a bag and eat a good lunch then check into WK South permanently.  I arrived at Labor and Delivery to a very welcoming staff.  They tried to hook me up to monitors to trace each babies heart beat.  In theory it should work, in reality it took over two hours to get 2 minutes where all 4 heartbeats were tracing.  Epic Fail!!! I was told I would be moved to a new room when one of the long term moms were ready to deliver.  It could be a day, a week or a month.  I can not say enough how awesome the nursing staff is here at WK South.  They arranged for me to take a tour of the NICU and convinced my doctors of better ways to monitor all the babies.   Dr. Labarre prescribed lots of meds to help make me comfortable and rest. 

Jan 15th: Day 2 of hospital jail! I have nothing! I was given Adarex? It's like dramamine or benadryl every 6 hours.  I slept. Ate. Slept. Ate. Slept. Saw Chris. Wait did I say I slept!

Jan 16th: Changed meds and I was still groggy but could function a little better.  Day 3 brought deliveries all over the hospital.  My poor nurses were running ragged.  However one of the long term moms delivered so I found out I was moving rooms to my permanent room!  Okay let's face it, it is still a hospital room. However, I have a large bathroom, a dvd player, a remote for my lights and can type in the number for the tv channels.  It really is the little things in life that makes a pregnant girl happy.  I also had nutter butters on my 8 pm snack cart. Amazing!  The nice thing about being pregnant with quads.  They feed you well! I get to order off of a special menu and get three snacks a day!!! Sorry having a fat kid moment!

Jan 17th: First day on the anteparteum wing! My nurse is awesome and only comes in a few times a day.  I love that it is not like being in the regular hospital where the nurses are in all the time.  They make it as close to home as possible. I am also more alert today. Hence the blog. 


Sorry for the long post but I needed to fill everyone in and put any worries to bed.   I am fine and so are the kids.  The doctors just like having me close by and monitored daily at this point.  Very exciting news all of our kids now have beds. Big weight lifted off of our shoulders.   I also got in all of the babies bedding.  This was an amazing gift that my mom and dad gave to us!!!! So of course I have  to post pics:



The girls bedding is identical!  It actually looks better in person.  I can not wait to see it when mom finishes the nursery! 

Okay well my computer is running low on battery, I am about to fall asleep and I have a snack waiting for me!

Thanks for the prayers they are felt.  Please continue to pray to keep our little ones in here for 7 more weeks at least!


Erin

2 comments:

  1. So glad y'all are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog but wanted to let you know I will be praying for you and your babies!

    ReplyDelete