Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The "Just Us" League Chronicles

Okay so thanks to our friend James we have a new weekly blog title.  I plan on asking my nephew Gabe to name each baby with a superhero moniker when he visits tomorrow.  I am secretly hoping Jax becomes Batman. Why? Because given the opportunity everyone should have a chance to say "I am Batman."

Things that have happened on Planet Owens in the past week:

1. Grey got a haircut/trim.  Sad huh! My baby had old man hair.  Now I do not claim to be vain but I am also the woman who color codes the entire family to blend for church on Sundays. Luckily for Grey, Gram did the cutting.  If you know me, I cannot cut a straight line. A friend of mine did my cutting assignments in elementary school. How am I a pediatric OT? Simple, those who can not do teach!!!!!!
Before

After
 2. Adley Grace started rolling from her back to her tummy.  She was really proud of herself.  Chris also developed his own game with Adley called Dancing Baby.  Adley cackles and laughs the whole time they are playing this game.  She is the child that will melt your heart with her smile.
Motivation for rolling: Attacking your siblings!

"Dancing Baby"


3. We had two very special outings last week with Mommy and Gram.  We braved Lowe's, a Farmer's Market and Sam's.  The kids like to be moving so shopping is sometimes difficult. However Gram and I are becoming pros and maybe the kids will start to like outings more. Oh well, I can dream. 

4. Friday we had a very special visitor. Mrs. Colleen came to see us and brought each baby a very special blanket.  They are the greatest LSU blankets any Alabama fan could ever make.  They are gorgeous! I cannot wait till game day for the best photo op with their new blankets. Thanks my friend you are the best.  Jax was quite smitten too, I may add.

5. The kids rediscovered their bouncers this week.  Needless to say Grey likes the bouncer the best and spends time each night in it while the other two tolerate it.
Grey
Adley and Jax


6. Grey went to the eye doctor today and we found out that her ROP has completely resolved. We do not have to go back for three months! Thank you for all your prayers!

We often get questions about raising multiples so I thought I would answer a few:
1. Do you get any sleep?
Yes, the kids are scheduled.  We feed at 8:00 pm and then they sleep until between 6:30 to 8:00.

2. How many bottles do you go through a day?
Currently between 18 and 21 depending on the needs of the day.

3. How many diapers do you go through a day?
At this point 18 to 24.  That is down from 30 to 36.

I will answer more questions next time, so feel free to leave me any in the comments.  I hope you have a great week.  



1 comment:

  1. love it! keep em coming. Gabe says he'll thnk about what "names" to give the babies.

    ReplyDelete