Thursday, August 1, 2013

The "Just Us" League Chronical Episode 2


Hey everyone! I hope y'all have been having a great week.  I know today is not Wednesday but we had a hectic day yesterday and by 9:30 I was loathing the thought of having to pump and not being able to immediately go to bed.  It should tell you something about how tired I was because I WANTED to go to bed. Chris is still shocked at that revelation. So this is what we did last week:

1. On Thursday, Aunt Konni, Gabe and Declan came to visit us from Bossier! We had a great day.  I realized the last time I had seen Declan was when I was in the hospital waiting for the quad squad to be born. He has grown to be such a big boy.  He is walking, talking and stealing every woman's heart for miles around.  Gabe is one of my favorite little boys in the world.  He has me wrapped around his finger and has for years.  He is currently thinking of superhero names for each of the kids.  When I asked him the other day he told me he would have to think about it.  Love that kid.  Plus I finally had an adult conversation with someone who is not in my family! Here is a few pics of our play date:

Declan was hugging Adley

Love my Gabe!

Aunt Konni with Adley and Declan

Declan was getting Adley's nose

 2. Monday was an eventful day! I left the kids in the very capable hands of  Chris while I had lunch with a friend and ran some errands.  Thirty minutes into my lunch I get the dreaded call from home.  I answered and my husband said "Where's the neosporin?" So after my mini heart attack I found out Adley wanted to attack snuggle with Jax and had scratched him.  It looked much worse than it was and Jax wore his wound with pride.  His Grumps started affectionately calling him "Scarface." Thankfully as I write this it is only a tiny line and is healing nicely. 

3. Monday was also Grumps birthday and we did the impossible we took the kids to a restaurant.  Yes, you read that correctly we went to a Restaurant with ALL 3!!!! That task takes lots of planning and lots of adults.   We fed at 5 then loaded all kids into car seats and ran out of the door. We went to a little Mexican restaurant and got a table for 8.  Chris and I sat with Grey and Jax between us and Adley sat between Gram and Grumps.  Uncle Jared sat on the end to provide additional support.  Grey made it all of 5 minutes before she hated the car seat, but was kept contented for an additional period of time by my straw and water.  She then screamed like a banshee fussed and needed to sit in Mommy's lap.
Grey and Jax between us
 

Gram tried the straw trick with Adley!
Jax was the only baby to remain in his car seat the whole time!
 4. Yesterday we went to see Dr. B for our well baby visit.  The kids did great.  Grey is 21.5 inches long and weighs 8 lbs 13 oz.  Jax is 22 inches long and weighs 11 lbs 1.5 oz. Adley is 22.5 inches long and weighs 10 lbs 15 oz.  Dr. B said we could start doing rice cereal and start solids when we are ready.
Grey, Jax and Adley

5. We got to go see MawMaw yesterday after we went to Target. Grey was putty in her hands.  She went from being fussy to the most relaxed and contented child you would ever meet.

6. We attempted our first spoon feeds last night:


7.  Multiples Questions:

A) Can you tell them apart when they cry? Yes all three of our children have different cries for each of their different needs.

B) Do you have help all the time? For the most part I always have another set of hands (either my mom, my dad or my awesome husband.)

C) Does your husband help? Of course, in my opinion there is no better father than my husband.  He has even handled all three by himself!


I hope everyone had a great week! Special Happy Birthday to my favorite identical twins! Aunt Monkey and Aunt Poodle we love you! Please forgive my grammatical errors, I hear the natives getting restless!!!!!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment